To minister to individuals with special needs and their families or caregivers, to educate church members about the nature of various kinds of special needs and to affect change in attitudes, programs, communication and accessibility so that all will feel welcome at MDUMC.
MDUMC welcomes persons of all abilities to all church gatherings. We offer fully accessible campuses in both of our locations.
The Special Needs Council works to remove barriers to participation in a full life of faith, including worship, study, fellowship, service, and leadership.
For individual support in attending events of your choice, to learn more about our various programs or if you feel called to serve in this ministry, please Contact Allyson George.
- Hearing assist devices and large print bulletins in the Sanctuary
- Buddies for Sunday School children so they may attend with their age-mates
- VBS Buddies for children in the summer
- Sunshine Sunday School for older children and youth with special needs
- Joy Group for adults with intellectual disabilities, featuring Bible study and fellowship
- Girl Scouts for older teens and young women with intellectual disabilities
- Participation with Easter Seals to provide a weekday enrichment program for special needs adults