Local Missions at MDUMC
MDUMC offers many opportunities for outreach, including our missions program. Missioners are sent throughout the US, and around the world, showing love for God and neighbor by reaching into the community to help those in need. Find a place where you can be a blessing to others!
Make a difference in the life of a child - mentor a student at Hollibrook Elementary School!
Would you like to become a significant adult in a child’s life whom he/she can depend on and talk with? Then you need to become a Hollibrook mentor. A room is provided at the school, stocked with games, puzzles, books, etc. Craft materials and ideas for projects are there each month. Share a hobby or interest with your mentee, or help create a quilt, scrapbook, model bridge or airplane. The children all speak English and are from low socio-economic families.
Time commitment is about one hour per week, plus occasional seasonal activities, i.e. holiday party, Fall family night dinner, Spring field trip.
The program runs throughout the school year.
Ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air and they will tell you, or speak to the earth and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you, which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
One Great Day of Service
Save the Date! OGDOS 2018 is March 3.
For more information, click here.
This ministry depends on countless volunteers each week. We are looking for more volunteers to help in the following ways:
- Volunteer one Wednesday a month to pick up supplies from Sam's Club and deliver to the Scout Hut.
- Deliver a hot meal to St James UMC on the 4th sunday of the month.
- Volunteer to deliver meals to Rose of Sharon and St James UMC on Saturday
- Help prepare sandwiches and assemble meals on Thursday or Saturday
- 1st Thursday - MOPS at 9:15 AM
- 3rd Thursday - Probers SSC at 10:45 AM
- 4th Thursday - Genesis SSC at 11:30 AM
- 5th Thursday - Church Staff at 11 AM
- 1st Saturday - Singles meet Friday night before at 5:15 PM
- 2nd Saturday - Friendship SSC at 8:30 AM
- 3rd Saturday - Sunrizons SSC meets Friday night before at 5 PM
- 4th Saturday - Roots SSC at 9 AM
- 5th Saturday - Visions SSC meets Friday night before at 6 PM
Ways in which everyone can support the Soupmobile ministry:
- Pray for the volunteers and for the recipients of the meals.
- Place your checks, bills and change in the Soup Pot on the 1st Sunday of each month. Soup Pots located in Friendship Court on the main campus and at the Welcome Desk of the Journey at The Well.
If you have questions about the Soupmobile Ministry or would like to volunteer, please contact Randy Lee or call 713-468-8356.